Can’t find what you are looking for in our catalog? Ask one of our staff members to help you make an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Request. Our library loans to, and can loan from, hundreds of libraries around Mississippi and the United States. Items that have been released in the last 12 months cannot be requested. If you would like to request an item from outside LCLS, follow these steps:
- Check the Lamar County Library System’s Online Catalog to be sure that we do not own the item.
- Click on the link below to access the Mississippi Virtual Union Catalog.
- Search for the item using the Search Bar or the Advanced Search. Do not begin with the Blank ILL Form Tab.
- If the item is returned in the search results, click on the format to the right of the cover art (book, audio, large print). NOTE: If you do not find the item you need, use the Blank ILL Form Tab.
- Click “Request Item”
- Fill in the form—you must include
- password of your choosing
- first and last name
- library card number
- patron’s contact 1 = phone number or email address
- pick-up library
- Submit request.
Keep your password handy, it cannot be retrieved if you lose it. You may track your ILL requests with your name and password by clicking at the top right of the main MVUC page. If you use the same combination of name and password for multiple requests, you will be able to see all of your requests together when you use ILL tracking.
If you use an email address for contact, you will receive email updates concerning the ILL process. You will be contacted when your ILL item arrives.
Note: We are happy to provide ILL services free of charge. Please use ILL services wisely. It costs the library system about $5 per request for shipping and processing. If you fail to pick-up a requested ILL, we will charge your account $5.00. Late fees assessed on ILL books are $1 per day.
The wait time for an ILL request is typically two weeks, but can be longer.